Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Unit of the Adeptus Arbites

"We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment." —Lex Imperialis.

The Arbites are the dreaded judges, or police within the WH40K universe and I have a unit of them to go along with an Imperial Commissar. It is my dirty secret. I blogged for over 3 years and I don’t think I mentioned WH40K once in Captain’s Blog.

“The above miniatures © Games Workshop 2003. All rights reserved.
Used without permission - models painted by Robert Hingley"
I also have a Space Wolves Army that I have kept hidden. I used to play 40K many moons ago, before I left Halifax. My long time gaming buddy Harris MacPhail, ran a Space Orks army, and also an Imperial Guard force. We were first introduced to Games Workshop via Rogue Trader by Rob Swan and Harris eventually surrendered to the dark side. He kept buying the minis and the rulebooks as they evolved through the years. I stopped with the 2nd edition.

From reading on the net, my understanding is the Arbites were dropped from the game. It seems that the Emporor’s Chain Dogs had no place on the 40K battlefield. That’s too bad, I like the look of the figures but I can still use them with Traveller.

“The above miniatures © Games Workshop 2003. All rights reserved.
Used without permission - models painted by Robert Hingley"
As for the Commissar, he is present to ensure the loyalty and moral purity of the unit to which he is attached by any means necessary. Another way to look at it, he's in charge of morale.

No comments:

Post a Comment